Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Angel

Hands grasp only air as I reach for her.
I scream her name; it is too hard to bear.
The distance is great; she falls in a blur.
My voice fades to a whisper on the air.
I start to run to her, she shrinks away.
I jump from rock to rock, reaching over cracks.
The world around begins to break and fray.
An unseen force stops me in my tracks.
My heart shines true and beats a path after.
My life and love bleeds out in this mad place.
The barrier between us shatters.
I hold her hand and kiss her empty face.

Our souls entwine and become one great breath.
The world is restored in her life; my death.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing...I like line 8 the best because it seems like it's out of the box. Who's the author? If it is someone other than yourself, be sure to give them credit for their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, and it’s hard for me to find poetry I like. I feel like the flow changes around the 5th or 6th line, although I’m not sure why that is. I also like how you set the last two lines apart from the rest of the poem—it gave them more impact. Did you have a specific inspiration in mind?
    ~Diana, from JOU110

    ReplyDelete